Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

Power of the Mind


Starting anew
On new grounds…
Trying different stuffs
Eyes full of hope…
Excited, impatient…
With all the goodwill, the motivation that goes along
Working hard surely pays…

Then sometimes…
Too much confidence kills you much too early!
Not prepared to fall…
The whole world crumbles beneath our feet
When it happens…

Hopefulness turns into hopelessness
Thrill in pain and doubts
Confidence is squeezed
Then a little black spot suddenly appears
Slowly rises into a thought
This thought keep tickling in the mind

From delusion you make it a reality
The mind keeps focussing on it
Consciously or unconsciously…
That’s it…

I think am dull… Then I’ll turn up to be dull
I think I won’t make it… Then I will definitely not make it!
This is the power of your mind…
Thinking constantly of something just materialised it
And make it true…

That’s what happened to me…
Sitting for a first exam…
Not confident at all
Already doubtful because of the first horrible results of my assignments…
I let myself be handicapped by everything around…
This idea kept growing in my head not having even starting my reading… And give it a try…
And this kept me blurred…
So I did not give it my best shot!
Thinking I will not make… I didn’t give me the chance to make it!

From being over confident to not confident at all…
The mind simply shaped it in reality
And I finally did not find enough space to make it above all
Of course there may be many external reasons for that…
But the internal one primes…
I was not confident, I was sure I would not make it
And that’s what happens at the end…
My mind conditioned me to not give it my best shot!

This is a queer truth isn’t it?
So the opposite should also be true…
I conditioned myself to not make it…
I can now condition myself to make it!
So… Instead of letting myself down…
All I have to do is get back in the saddle
Go through it with a change of perspective!

My overall performance showed me I can do it…
On 5 papers…
3 Distinctions… 1 pass…
1 to redo!
What’s the big deal…? We’ll do it again and that’s all!
No problem…
I can stand up on both feet again
And I will!

Yes I can!

Tival ©

No comments:

Post a Comment